Scientific UI / Visualization Engineer¶
brainlife.io users rely on variety of visualization tools made avaialble on the platform. These are meant to enable quick quality control for App outputs and data quality. The visualization engineer will be reponsible for developing and maintaining various visualization tools that are easy to understand, that can inform meaningful information to assist our users' decision making process. As an UI Engineer, you will also be tasked to conduct various UI / UX testings on the entire brainlife.io platform.
You are a solid fit for this position if...¶
- You have 3+ years of UI and data visualization development experience.
- You are familiar with other neuroimaging data visualization tools.
- You are good at UI whiteboarding and conducted UX testings to drive your decision process.
- You can work without a lot of supervisions, but can keep the team member informed of your progress.
Our idea of a perfect candidate is someone who..¶
- 3+ years working professionally as a data scientist or software engineer in a mid to large group.
- Eager to learn new technologies and open to receive feedback from other developers.
- Ability to execute and work on simultaneous projects with tight deadlines
- Should be comfortable with standards compliance and handling cross-browser compatibility issues
- Proficient understanding of git, and strong presence on github.
- Should have working knowledge of Protractor or similar unit testing UI frameworks
- An excellent eye for detail, consistency and accuracy
- Demonstrable ability to write clean, concise, and maintainable code.
This role will be responsible for...¶
- Develop web-based custom visualization tools for various datatypes.
- Maintain and update existing visualization tools.
- Conduct usability / US testings and identify problems on various UI / visualization tools.
- Gather data from brainlife.io on "good" and "bad" data outputs that can help user make decision about the quality of their data.